It is always fun to attend a Christmas event! It makes the season feel even more festive. This is our list of the holiday events in Little Rock and North Little Rock that we hope will be helpful as you plan your Christmas season!
Another good idea is to check with the local churches for Christmas events that they may be offering. Many churches have Christmas Eve services and some even offer festivals or nativity scenes.
Some of the area libraries also offer holiday activities that would be especially fun for children.
Let us know if there are any Little Rock holiday events that we might have missed!
Holiday Events in Little Rock
These events are roughly in order by date.
GloWild at the Little Rock Zoo
GloWild at the Zoo is one of the most unique of the holiday events in Little Rock. Kids of all ages will love seeing the HUGE silk covered lanterns in the shape of bugs, jungle animals and even mythical creatures.
This is a unique immersive encounter!
- DATE: Begins November 16 and continues on various dates through January 7
- LOCATION: Little Rock Zoo 1 Zoo Dr, Little Rock, AR 72205
- MORE INFORMATION and TICKETS: Little Rock Zoo: GloWild
Northern Lights Holiday Festival in Argenta
This is an annual Holiday Festival in Argenta Plaza in North Little Rock. Northern Lights is free and family-friendly with live entertainment, fun activities for kids, and photos with Santa.
- DATES: November 18, 2023 TIME: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- LOCATION: Argenta Plaza, 510 Main Street, North Little Rock
- MORE INFORMATION: Northern Lights Holiday Festival
Vist a Local Tree Farm
Are you a live tree person? If you are then you will definitely want to visit one of the Arkansas Christmas tree farms. Even if you use an artificial tree you might want to visit just for the fun and festivities.
We have an entire post that you might want to check out about the tree farms in Arkansas including a few that are in the Little Rock and the Central Arkansas area.
- DATES: Most of the local tree farms open the day after Thanksgiving which this year is November 25, 2023.
- LOCATION: Various places
- MORE INFORMATION: Arkansas Tree Farms
Lighting of the Tree at the Capital Hotel
The Capital Hotel is not only the most historic, but also the grandest hotel in Little Rock.
They always have a beautiful tree in their stunning lobby. The lighting ceremony is an un-ticketed event but you are asked to bring an unopened toy to donate to a local charity.
- DATE: November 28, 2023 TIME: 5:30pm -7:30pm
- LOCATION: Capital Hotel 111 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- FACEBOOK: Capital Hotel
More (Ticketed) Christmas Events at the Capital Hotel
The Capital Hotel also hosts several ticketed events for families. Some of these are the Teddy Bear Tea, Storytime with Santa, and A Beary Christmas Workshop.
These events are on a variety of dates and they do require advance purchase of tickets.
You will want to keep an eye on the Capital Hotel Facebook page which is linked below. I suggest purchasing tickets early because they do tend to sell out quickly.
- LOCATION: Capital Hotel: 111 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR
- MORE INFORMATION: Capital Hotel Facebook Page
Performance of Cirque Dreams Holidaze
You will always want to check out the holiday performances at the Robinson Center in downtown Little Rock.
Be sure and take a look at Cirque Dreams Holidaze. This family friendly and amazing production combines the world’s finest contemporary circus artists with dynamic choreography and whimsical storytelling,
- DATE: Saturday, November 25
- LOCATION: Robinson Auditorium 426 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201
- WEBSITE: Cirque Dreams
- TICKETING: Cirque Dreams Little Rock
Arkansas Craft Guild Christmas Showcase
At the Arkansas Craft Guild Christmas Showcase you will find hand crafted gifts to meet the interests of everyone on your list!
The event features arts and crafts in various media such as; wooden kitchen tools and other wood carvings, jewelry, pottery, stained glass, home decor, garden art, leather goods, and so much more!
There is free parking, a cash bar, and food service available.
Lighting of the Capitol Dome
The Lighting of the Capitol Dome is a special Arkansas event with a history that goes back to 1930. There will be a ceremony and a fireworks show, and afterward you will be able to go inside the Capitol Building and see all the beautiful Christmas decorations.
Children can even visit Santa in his workshop. The Capitol Gift Shop will also be open.
- DATE: Saturday, December 2, 2023 TIME: 5:30
- LOCATION: Arkansas State Capitol Building
- WEBSITE: Little Rock Capitol Lighting
Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis
This is such a fun race. Everyone is decked out in the crazy and fun Christmas gear with bells on…literally.
The race benefits the Arthritis Foundation. It is held this year at Two Rivers Park which also happens to be one of my favorite places in Little Rock!
- DATE: Saturday, December 2 TIME: 9:00am
- LOCATION: Two Rivers Park in West Little Rock
- WEBSITE: Jingle Bell 5K
North Little Rock Sertoma Christmas Parade
Get in the holiday spirit with the Sertoma Christmas Parade. This annual event is hosted by the City of North Little Rock, the North Little Rock Sertoma Club and North Little Rock Tourism.
- DATES: December 3 TIME: 2:00 – 4:00
- LOCATION: Argenta Plaza 510 Main Street, North Little Rock
- WEBSITE: Christmas Parade
Christmas Frolic at the Historic Arkansas Museum
This is a free event with lots of old-fashioned fun at the Historic Arkansas Museum.
There will be music throughout the center and you can enjoy a variety of take home activities. You will be able to make an ornament for your own tree, try your hand at candle dipping, and much more.
Of course, there will also be hot cider and ginger cake.
- DATES: December 3, 2023 TIME: 12-4
- LOCATION: Historic Arkansas Museum 200 E. Third Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- WEBSITE: Historic Arkansas Museum Christmas Frolic
Argenta Community Theater Christmas Performance
The Argenta Community Theater will be presenting Miracle on 34th Street
- DATES: December 6 – 17
- LOCATION: Argenta Community Theater, 405 Main St, North Little Rock, AR 72114
- WEBSITE and TICKETS: Argenta Community Theater
Ballet Arkansas – The Nutcracker
Ballet Arkansas will be presenting their 45th annual production of The Nutcracker Spectacular at the Robinson Center.
The Nutcracker happens to be the largest and longest running holiday production in Arkansas.
- DATES: December 8 – 10
- LOCATION: Robinson Center 426 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201
- WEBSITE and TICKETS: Ballet Arkansas
Arkansas Chamber Singers Christmas Performance
The Arkansas Chamber Singers will perform their annual Christmas concert at the Old State House. This year the singers will explore the Christmas story in music. There will be segments from Handel’s Messiah, carols from different lands, spirituals, traditional Christmas songs and more.
The seating is free and open. You will want to arrive early to get a spot.
- DATES: December 8 – 10 TIMES: Check the website for times
- LOCATION: Old State House 300 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201
- WEBSITE: Arkansas Chamber Singers
A Ferncliff Christmas
A Ferncliff Christmas is an open-to-the-public event at the Ferncliff Camp. They will have an interactive nativity experience. You will walk along a trail where volunteers will engage you in the story of Jesus’ birth.
Afterward you can stop in the dining hall for cookies, cocoa, and crafts.
- DATES: December 8 – 10 TIME: 4:30-7:30
- LOCATION: Ferncliff Camp 1720 Ferncliff Road, Little Rock, AR 72223
- WEBSITE: A Ferncliff Christmas
Holiday Performance with the Arkansas Symphony
One of the premiere holiday events in Little Rock is the Christmas production by the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra. This year they will be presenting Home for the Holidays.
The program will include many classic Christmas songs along with excellent solo vocalists, and a few local high school choirs.
- DATES: December 15 – 17
- LOCATION: Robinson Center 426 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201
- WEBSITE: Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
We hope that you enjoy all of these holiday events in Little Rock! Let us know if there is an event that we have missed and we will add it to the list
Thanks for stopping by.